ASI undertakes a number of efforts, all in support of its mission. These efforts include:
· Maryland Higher Education Awards
o Associates in Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Adventure Sports Management
§ A 2-year college degree, articulated for transfer to other colleges and universities.
o Certificate in Adventure Sports Management
§ A 1-year certificate specializing in the Adventure Sports courses.
o Letter of Recognition
§ A grouping of a particular track of field courses, e.g., taking all of the ASI Rock Climbing courses.
· The Adventure Equipment Center (AEC) that houses all of the equipment used in the conduct of ASI field activities.
· The Adventure Education Service (AES), providing instruction in adventure sport activity areas for the consumption of the general public.
· The Transition Age Youth Empowered (TAY) program, funded by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, to provide area at-risk youth with opportunities to change their world through mentored adventure sports outings.
· The Management Effectiveness and Leadership Development (MELD) program that provides seminars, workshops, and consultation in an effort to improve the effectiveness of an organization’s management and to provide activities to develop strong leadership practices.
· The Adventuresports Institute Competition Team (ASICT) that provides funding in support of Garrett College students who want to participate in adventure sport related competition.