The Adventuresports Institute offers an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Adventure Sports Management and a Certificate in Adventure Sports Management. The Associates Degree is typically completed in two academic years while the Certificate can be completed in one academic year. These programs give students the skills necessary to work in the outdoor education and recreation fields and/or continue their education at other institutions.
ASI Degree Requirements: (60 Credit Hours)
Core Courses (37 Credits)
ASI Basic, Intermediate & Instructor Skills Courses, ASI Skills Rescue Course, Intro to ASI, Park & Rec., Back Country Living Skills, Advanced Level First Aid & CPR, Guiding & Instructing in Adventure Sports, Program Management, Leadership & Group Dynamics, Practicum Prep & Internship, Wilderness Guide Instructor Development, Colloquia and Natural History
General Education Requirements (22 Credits)
Institutional Requirements (1 Credit)
ASI Certificate Requirements: (29.5 Credit Hours)
Required Course Work
ASI Basic, Intermediate & Instructor Skills Courses, ASI Skills Rescue Course, Intro to ASI, Park & Rec., Back Country Living Skills, Advanced Level First Aid & CPR, Guiding & Instructing in Adventure Sports, Program Management, Leadership & Group Dynamics, Practicum Prep and Colloquia
For more information on ASI Degree & Certificate Requirements, click HERE!
For more information on ASI Course Descriptions, click HERE!
Check out all of our skill courses HERE!
- Frostburg State University
- National Outdoor Leadership School
ASI Industry Recognized Certifications and Organizations:
The Adventuresports Institute recognizes a number of accredited organizations and certifying bodies when offering instructor level field courses. A student who enters the Adventure Sports program with certifications and/or life experience may apply to receive college credit for their previous experiences. These organizations include but are not limited to:
- American Canoe Association (ACA)
- American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA)
- International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA)
- National Outdoor Leadership School & NOLS Wilderness Medicine
- Professional Climbing Guides Institute (PCGI)
- Professional Climbing Instructors Association (PCIA)
- Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA)
- Outward Bound (OB)
- SOLO Wilderness Medical School (SOLO)
- Wilderness Education Association (WEA)